Sunday, November 8, 2009

London: Yo La Tengo And Other Activities



Tonight I went to the Yo La Tengo concert in the Camden Roundhouse - another sign of parallel activites between London and ATL (http://hutchrenaud.blogspot.com/2009/09/rain-yo-la-tengo-dragoncon.html). The Roundhouse is a former steam engine shed and a listed building (http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/about/history) which is now used as a culture and concert venue. The concert was very good and they played some beautiful songs - so my only complaint (it might have been the fact that it is Sunday night and/or that I am of an advanced age): I have to admit that the over 10 minute noise orgy at the end gave me a headache and made me want to go home fairly soon.



My brother was visiting on the weekend and on Saturday we went to see the Tailors (http://www.myspace.com/thetailors) at the Betsy Trotwood in Clerkenwell, a traditional Victorian pub. Although my visitors initially wanted to have some dinner we decided to have a proper English evening and tried to cover our necessary calories intake by consuming beer/ale and crisps.



Chat and I are sending some greetings over to ATL.

Posted by Sharms

4 comments:

genesse said...

Hi Aruna and Chad! Sounds like a fun weekend. Aruna...so cool that you got to see Yo La Tengo. I'm sorry you didn't care for the "noise orgy" at the end...I'm sure it was indeed related to your advanced age. Although apparently you overcame that hurdle the night before with your beer-for-dinner approach to the night evening. ;)

We just returned from a Thrashers game where finally, we won!

Jaime said...

I love Yo La Tengo sooooo much -- glad you got to see them, Aruna! Of course, I do not mind their noise orgies, but that is likely because of my youthfulness. :-)

Hutch said...

Wow - impressive Sharms - you covered a lot of ground here. I really like the Tailors and would love to see them again. I've actually been to the Besty Trotwood too, randomly drinking there on one of the first weekends I was in London - see Radiohead Played Here from 2008: http://hutchrenaud.blogspot.com/2008/04/blog-post_10.html

Seems we've come full circle in some sense!

Sharms said...

Hutch - it seems to be difficult to find a place in London where you have not been before...so I keep walking in your footsteps which is fun!

It has been a very good weekend and there are more concert plans coming up - you keep being an inspiration to me J/J/J!

Good news about the Thrashers as well.