Monday, December 21, 2009

London: Snowfall In The City



Not that being back in London is enough - the weather is also terrible. It has been snowing over the weekend and today. Although snow is not a totally unfamiliar sight in London the infrastructure breaks down right away. The tube must have been overcrowded as there was a massive queue in front of Oxford Circus station - also no bus was to be seen on my usual line. After waiting for ages the bus which eventually showed up got stuck in the traffic which was not moving at all so I got off the bus half way. Removing snow from the pavement and sanding/salting seems to be unheard of here so I more stumbled and slipped than walked my way back home. Happy Wintertimes...

Posted by Sharms.

2 comments:

Hutch said...

Why can't the English figure out how to deal with snow?

Sharms said...

I am not sure, Hutch - I am wondering about that questions every day while I try not to fall over on Camden's streets which resemble ice rinks in many cases