Sunday, January 17, 2010

London: An Atlanta Visitor



On Saturday I was very delighted to be able take a visitor from Atlanta (do you recognise him?) on a little tour around Camden. After the marktet and a walk along the canal we stopped at my new favorite Camden cafe, the inspiral lounge (http://www.inspiralled.net/). I only went there last week for the first time and now want to return all the time. They have an extensive vegan/raw food menue, fresh juices, great vegan cakes plus a lovely view on the canal.



It was pouring down almost all day but at least it is getting warmer. There is still some ice on the canal. I am sure it can be lovely to live on one of the boats in summer but I am not so sure about winter.



We went on to the Victoria Miro Gallery near Old Street and saw the new exhibition of William Egglestone pictures. It was a fairly small but interesting exhibition (personally I do prefer his earlier work). Our tour ended in the East End where we even paid a visit to a cool bike shop (http://bricklanebikes.co.uk/).

Posted by Sharms.

2 comments:

Hutch said...

So how long was Hernan in London?

Sharms said...

I think about a week? He even went to the V&A - I still need to go there!