Tuesday, October 20, 2009

London: Radical Nature



On Sunday I went to the Barbican (www.barbican.org.uk), Europe´s largest multi-arts center which includes a cinema, exhibition spaces and a concert hall in the City of London. It was the last day of the exhibition Radical Nature - Art and Architecture for a changing planet 1969-2000. The exhibition was very exciting and I spend hours watching a photo presentation which travelled along the Alaska pipeline.





Outside on the Lakeside Terrace I went into the pavillion being part of the project "I am so sorry. Goodbye" by Heather and Ivan Morrison which takes its inspiration from utopian communities in the West Coast of the US in the 70ies and housed a little teahouse.



This is not downtown ATL but the City of London.



Autumn starts in front of my window.

Posted by Sharms.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Aruna, this looks like a great exhibit. I like the second photo, with the little boy in his black Converse sneakers checking out the strange building.

Sharms said...

Not sure if it is appropriate to leave product placement comments on this blog, J!

Also it is not a strange building but a work of high art!

Hutch said...

This is way cool - both modern London and the exhibit! I will not take sides in the Jaime/Sharms debate and instead will remain neutral like Switzerland....