Sunday, July 19, 2009

Brockwood Park or Weekend Without JJJ



Today I decided to travel far south to the Lambeth Country Show 2009 which was taking place in Brockwood Park near Brixton. Although the weather has been terrible on this weekend (as usual) I made it to the park, partly because I want to beat Hutch in our inofficial "who has seen the most London parks" competition. Also I had to distract myself from being on my own again after my visitors JJJ have left me behind. It took me over two hours for the return travel but was worth it because I saw a completely new part of town (again)!



Although the park was very crowded I managed to find Chad without any previous calls or text and spent a little while listening to the reaggae bands on the music stage.



London sky with plane.



Brixton starts behind the stage.

4 comments:

Hutch said...

Sharms I would describe it as an OFFICIAL contest at this point! Here's what I've got: Hyde, Regents, Holland, Queens, Battersea, Victoria, Wandsworth, and Primrose Hill for a total of eight. I am not counting small city squares like Golden, Soho, Cavanach Squares, even though we would probably call those parks in the US.

Go ahead and show your hand woman!

Sharms said...

Hyde, Regents, Holland, Primrose, London Fields, Hampstead Heath, Brookwood Park, Roundwood Park (Willesden Green), Waterlow Park (Highgate) - Hutch, I think you have forgotten Clisshold Park for yourself.

Hutch said...

I don't remember anything about Clisshold Park... so not sure its fair for me to count it. So you win!

Sharms said...

But you were at the Stoke Fest, weren't you? I thought that was in Clisshold Park :)