Saturday, June 28, 2008

Last Gig in London?

This gig was at the Troy Bar in Hoxton, a gritty jazz/soul themed bar not too far afield from the beloved Village in East Atlanta. We played a few songs in between the set break of the fastastic house band. Their bass player, Rick James (seriously) is one of the best I've ever witnessed live. Jen lent me her shoestring so I was able to secure my strap on my bass and stand for the set - it was kinda romantic! Later after our set I waited around to see if I could sit in with the house band, but there were already several bassist waiting to join in, so I took my bass and amp on the bus and went home. It was nearly 2am and I was beat.

I did enjoy playing with David's even though the music is more mellow than what I typically go for. He wants to come to Atlanta sometime in the future and do a gig or two there, with the help of local musicans, which would be great. Also, Jen and I certainly plan on coming back to London again, and then maybe I'll catch up with these guys again and play another one. I had to buy a little bass amp wired for England (they are 220 volts) which I'm leaving with David in case that next London gig comes to pass...

No comments: