Saturday, June 28, 2008

London Eye

The London eye was the largest farris wheel in the world for several years, but I understand there is a larger one now in China. It was still VERY high up, as you can see the tiny size of the barges on the Thames below. It was really fantastic to get this vantage point because London is quite flat, and the roads twist and turn, so you really don't get many broad vistas. It wasn't that scary to be on because it moves very slowly so you're able to get used to the height. Also, its completely enclosed so you don't feel as exposed. We were lucky to have such a clear day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell us a little bit about the London Eye. It looks like a nice vantage point, but may not be a place for those who have a problem with heights.

When does Jennifer leave for home?

Hutch said...

I will - you're commenting too soon! I usually email the photos from the iphone then send the text later time when I'm on a full keyboard. Right now I'm at an Internet cafe. Jen left this morning at 8am.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for jumping the gun! By the time I get the hang of this, you'll be done and on your way home. Is your work finished at Turner now and you are off to Paris next, or are you working on the 30th?

I knew about the ferris wheel, but I never knew (or forgot) that it is called the London Eye. Looks very cool, but I doubt I would have been able to go on it.