Sunday, April 19, 2009

Atlanta Rollergirls



On Saturday we went to attended an Authentic Flat Track Roller Derby in the Yaarab Shrine Center on Ponce. The Atlanta Rollergirls (www. atlantarollergirls.com) are founding members of the Woman's Flat Track Derby Association ( http://www.wftda.com/) which is active all around the US. Woman skaters are primary owners, managers and operators of the member leagues and the association.We just missed the Dirty South Derby Girls vs. Memphis Hustlin Rollers but were able to watch a derby of two local league teams competing against each other. The concept of Roller Derby was completely new to me. I still do not understand the rules but got more of an idea when Jen and I tried to roll along and she violently pushed me aside and gave me a good kick in the backside before rolling off to the hotdog stand. It is a truly glamorous sport!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too much!LOL

(Robbie)

Sharms said...

You should have been there, Robbie, I am sure you would have loved it!

genesse said...

hah! You cracked me up. :)