Sunday, April 13, 2008

East End, Yo!

Went to an East End pub called Florist tonight and loved it. Closest
Atlanta equivalent would be the Gravity Pub. The best thing about it
was that I met these fantastic people: my first mate, Tom, in the
center, is about to travel from Costa Rica to San Fran later this
summer. Rachel and Sarah are studying fashion
in Brighton and are rooming together in London. Chris is from Paris
and is a chef at the nearby Buddist Center. Auden, Ross, and the rest are in or
with the band Lincoln Brown, who just got back from a wicked gig in
Moscow. Check them at www.myspace.com/lincolnbrownmusic

Somehow we all found each other and had a blast. So please say hello
to my new posse!

4 comments:

genesse said...

killer! sounds like a great night.

Anonymous said...

you are having way too much fun. Are you actually finding time to work ;)

how is it that you can find a crew anywhere you go.

Hutch is blessed with love in whatever country he happens to be in.

xoxo
-andy gish

MsDallie said...

you get pissed? haha (or is that just a scot saying? thinking of Alan Wright)

Hutch said...

Very nice of you to say Andy!

To repurpose a Seinfeld-ism: GETTING a crew together is not so hard, KEEPING a crew together is a challenge! Despite some technical hurtles associated with international calling/texing, I did get together with members of this group in a few other instances:

Chris the guy from Paris came over to my place a few days later to play percussion with this guitar player I met. Due to a miscommunication, he didn't bring any of his instruments and so he ended up playing my wok. It didn't sound all that bad.

I caught up with Tom at the Social, where he met my office mates (see last friday's blog entry, but he's not in the photo).

I went to see Budos band with Rachel the next day (see next entry).

Been emailing with Sarah a/k/a Dickybow, but have not caught up yet.

Have not heard a thing from Lincoln Brown...

Dallie - yes, I do get "pissed" from time-to-time, in a moderate and responsible manner (the English use that term as well).