Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back in Great Britian

Got back into London just after lunch local time after a long overnight flight that got delayed with an unexpected landing in NYC due to mechanical issues with the landing gear.

The weather here is beautiful and the Brits are not letting the opportunity for sunshine pass them by. All the parks and public spaces are full of folks basking in the sun.

I took this picture on the way to work just a few hours ago. There is a nice long horse path in Hyde Park and the stables are just accross Bayswater Rd very close to where I am staying. They keep this section of the city (and most sections for that matter) spotless and so I've not yet stepped in any horse shit - a significant point of pride for me.

3 comments:

MsDallie said...

Are they as careful with dogs?

Hutch said...

It seems that way - I see people with doggie bags from time to time. They don't require dogs to be on leashes in the park, which surprised me a bit, since we do except for specific dog areas.

Hutch said...

I had to laugh this morning because I came VERY close to stepping in some fresh horse shit on my way to work... and I thought wow, I shouldn't have jinxed myself on the blog.