Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Whip @ 93 Feet East

I went to see this band, The Whip, last night with Mark, Aurea and new friend Michelle. The Whip is an up-and-coming electronica/pop band that sounds like a mix between Depeche Mode and the Psychedelic Furs. This is not a style I usually go for, but they were quite convincing and they won me over quickly. The crowd really ate it up as well, which made for a good vibe. The club, 93 Feet East, is on Brick Lane in the East End, and in addition to this 500 person room also has a nice outdoor patio and lounge area. I saw that the Southeastern band, Lucero, had recently played here as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Thanks for the new post.

MsDallie said...

Are you out there promoting CJ during all these events?

Hutch said...

Not really - I just kinda got tired of doing that promotional stuff all the time. In a few instances where the music was similar to CJ - such as at JazzRefreshed - I dropped a CD off with the organizers just to spread our music around over here. I've also given copies to the musicians I've met here.