Monday, May 12, 2008

Sweet Home Atlanta

Came back to Atlanta this weekend to record the 4th Cadillac Jones
record. The session went well. We finished the basic tracks (bass,
drums, keys and rhythm guitar) in three days and began overdubbing
solos.

It felt good to be home and to see Jen, Stella, my bandmates, and a
few random pals (you know who you are). The recording took up all my
time so I was unable to see many close friends, in fact I made a
point of not arranging anything in advance.

I'm not sure whether it was the 6 weeks in London, or because it
was Mother's Day weekend, but Atlanta seemed sleepy and mellow to
me. Hardly anyone walking around, and not much auto traffic
either. In London there is constant buzzing in the background -
Atlanta is mostly quiet except for the wind whipping through the
trees and the occasional booming car stereo. They are two very
different cities, that's for sure. Love 'em both!

6 comments:

Robbin said...

We recorded this weekend? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Unknown said...

yeah, boy!
can't wait to hear some new 'lac-jones.

MsDallie said...

No one in ATL wants to drive anymore; too expensive.

Hutch said...

Nobody seemed to want to walk either... but I did use Marta a few times and there were plenty of folks on the train. That's a good sign.

MsDallie said...

Joe rides Marta everyday to work. He's rare, but not as rare. Ridership on public transportation across the US is up because of high gas prices, in some cities as much as 40%. My diesel I got 4 years ago is in high demand too. The car is 4 years old, has 50K miles and is going for about $5K less than what I paid for it new. I'd lose that much just driving it off the lot. It's crazy!

The Goldest said...

thanks for giving me a call, jackass! :)