Sunday, March 8, 2009

4th Ward Afro-Klezmer Orchestra

After our roof adventures we went to a building next door to attend a concert of the 4th ward afro-klezmer orchestra (http://www.afroklezmermusic.com/). The music was an interesting and enjoyable mixture of jazz and traditional klezmer music. As previously mentioned on this blog I have been to many concerts in the last four weeks and to me all of these bands were quite unique and had their own style. I am not yet sure if that is an Atlanta specific phenomenon or if I have just missed something while living in London and/or Germany. I will need to investigate further on this topic...

2 comments:

Hutch said...

While I do think the Atlanta music scene is special, there is no doubt that you can find some very interesting stuff in London

Anonymous said...

Yes, but I am an Atlanta enthusiast for the time being...let's see how quick things will change in the future...probably soon I will be counting the days until I get back to London ;)