Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Monday Morning on a Winter Day

This Monday morning there was still some snow around and it was freezing (glad that I brought my mittens over from London). Apparently all Atlanta schools had a day off today due to weather conditions. However different from a comparable day in London, public transport was just fine here. On the picture you can see a little part of Elizabeth Street which I walk up all the way to the Inman Park MARTA station every morning. Even the squirrels seemed to be cold today - usually they are all over the place but today I did not see a single one. I will "take a leaf out of their book" and will not set one foot out of the door anymore today!

6 comments:

Adrian Cogger said...

Sharms it sounds as though you are having a good time, but I think we need more evidence in the form of photographs. I am pleased to hear that you haven't been burned at the stake (or indeed the steak) for being a Vegan, and that you have adopted a pushbike as your regular mode of transport. Which reminds me, James got sick of the sight of your folding bicycle in the office so he sent it off to Mali with Donna - at least someone will get some use out of it. He has also removed your desk and installed a sunbed. Don't worry, everything will be exactly as it was when you left, as we carefully dismantled and catalogued every item in your office when we installed it. There may a faint whiff of singed hair and flesh on your return, but it's nothing that a bit of Febreze won't sort out. In other news I have recevied an MBE for my services to broadcasting, Jo won 6 million pounds on the horses, and Michelle has been sent to prison for 6 years, after Police thwarted her attempt to burn down Paramount's offices in Chiswick. Personally I think the authorities were a bit hard on her. Other than that, not a lot is going on to be honest.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm enjoying my nice new tan...

Cogger forgot to mention that we're having a weekly Vegan day in the office, where we all eat Vegans, in your honour.
Other than that, not a lot going on.

Hutch said...

Sharms has made it very difficult for me to take her photo, especially when she is wearing her helmet and "Red Barron" style goggles on the back of my scooter - such a shame!

Adrian Cogger said...

Hutch, you can't tease us with that mental image and then not follow it up with a jpeg. That's just not fair...

Hutch said...

i'm workin' on it!

Anonymous said...

1. Hands off my folding bike!!!

2. There will be no scooter photos on this blog which show me in an embarrasing situation: which means: no photos with me wearing a helmet and goggles!!!