Sunday, March 1, 2009

My New Hood

Having arrived on 07 February I am trying out my new bicycle on the street. It is actually possible to cycle in Atlanta! However it is very hilly so I exchanged this bike in the meantime against Hutch's mountain bike. He is still quicker than I am so I have to get up to speed.

Against all warnings (and with a little help of my friends giving me a lift) I have survived Atlanta without a car for the last three weeks. I am taking MARTA (the tube equivalent) to work and use the bike in my spare time. Next week I will try to cycle all the way into work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sharms, what a nice name you have!
finally you learn to appreciate the american culture ;)
maybe we can even watch a hollywood movie together someday!?
keep up the cycling,
jan

Hutch said...

Sharms: Well - we will see what the future brings (however I doubt it). Maybe we can agree on an American independant movie?