Monday, March 23, 2009

Friday Night Music



Jen, Hutch and Ramon had a Friday night concert in the Kavarna coffeeshop in Decatur (http://www.instantkavarna.com/). I had been looking forward to see Jen play, it was her first public performance and hopefully there will be more to come!! The music was very nice and relaxing, especially after a long working week and an adventurous bike ride to the venue. We cycled with several people from Candler park over to the coffeeshop and every 100 meters new problems would arise as laces getting caught by the pedals, chains falling off, wheels having a puncture etc. I had to laugh so hard that even without anything happening to my bike that I had problems cycling up the hill. Different from Germany cycling is something not very common here and still considered to be slightly adventurous. In the end lucky James and I were spared the travel back into town because Hutch and Jen gave our bikes and us a ride back in their tour bus.

1 comment:

Hutch said...

I wish I could have been there for the bike ride to Kavarna, but it would have been difficult to put the equipment on my bike!

One minor point of clarification: biking to cafes/restaurants is a bit unusual or adventurous in Atlanta (and also quite fun) because most will drive, but cycling as training or sport is quite established and popular here.